CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Update

It's been a month since I've written in this thing and figured I'd give everyone an update. Especially for old Ricky since he's emailed me and bugged me about it.

Thanksgiving was good. I loved seeing my family and spending time with them even if the time flew by way too incredibly fast. Getting ideas for family for their Christmas presents and picking names out of a bowl for my dad's side. Although I wish I could have come up with something better for the person I picked and I still do have two days to return what I bought and get something else. But it's hard when you haven't spent a lotof time around this person for literally, years. Any who....

The week after Thanksgiving my sister and I jetted off to Las Vegas. That was... well Vegas. We were blessed with everything that was purchased for us by family and long time friends of the family and we definitely experienced Vegas. We stayed at the Stratopshere and made it to the top to see all the lights from 108 stories up. Yep... never again. My sister ran her first half marathon and killed it. literally. She did so well and can't wait to see the look on her face when she gets the photo framed of her crossing the finish line my Mom bought for her! My flight home was horrible, never again will I do a red eye flight. Add to that over an hour delay and I took off straight from the airport to work.

My first day of my new job and our website launch. It went well, still some hiccups now and then but we're getting our feet off the ground. If anyone is interested go to dealeebob.com. That night I went to KDWB's Jingle Ball concert with my Best Friend, Melissa. We went to their Jingle Ball in 2006 a month before I met Brian and figured why not go again. It was a great show and 8 awesome performers.

I got my first paycheck a week later and after a month of no money it was great to see my bank account go up for about a day until all my bills came a-knocking. But at least I'm not behind! My school loan bills started coming in the mail this month and *fingers crossed* all 16k of that will be paid off by next Christmas. If they are I am taking myself on an awesome vacation. Somewhere very very warm.

Minnesota got their 5th largest snowstorm.. or shall I say BLIZZARD 2 weeks ago and I survived it. I'm glad it was on a Saturday and I didn't have to drive in it b/c that would have been a freaking disaster. But then we received another 3-4 inches just this past Monday and I did have the lucky break to drive home in that one. 2.5 hours later I finally made it the 29 miles from my work to home. Ahhh the joys of being a Minnesotan again.

This past weekend I spent the ENTIRE and I mean that, day with my Mom shopping for Christmas. I probably haven't spent that much face to face time with my Mom literally in well over 4 years and it was fun! Who can say they actually like spending time with their Mom? ME!! I bought for everyone on my list and Brian even helped me wrap all 9 bags when I got home. I'm so excited to see every one's faces on Christmas! I'm so looking forward to seeing my family on Christmas eve and day for the first time in 3 years and getting to take in all of the holiday spirit.

Other than freezing my butt off and trying to get Brian ready for school which starts in 2 weeks everything else seems to be going well. I have a personal trainer at Gold's Gym that loves to kick my butt and see me in pain. Which I realize is a good thing and he's worth every single penny. I'm glad I have a new car with awesome tires b/c winter sucks! I'm ready for a vacation and winter has only just begun. Brian turns 25 in a week and I can't believe it! We're only 2 weeks away from our 4 year anniversary and it feels like so much longer than that, but at the same time crazy. 4 years... years! I'm sure plenty of people thought they'd never see us make it to this point.

But I should probably get back to work since my break time is over. If you made it through all of this, [especially you Rick since you asked for it] I applaud you. There is Becky's life in a nutshell. See you all after Christmas and into the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment