I'm learning one project at a time! I used to sew when I was in High School, no really! My Grandma, Mom and Mother-in-law are expert sewers and I just hope I have half their talent! I fell in love with pinterest.com, seriously go check it out! Tons of DIY projects that I can't wait to start.
Yesterday I went and bought new sheets, comforter and then headed to Joann Fabric to buy well, fabric! I'm going to cover our decorative pillows from our old bedrom set, make lamp shades (they are currently black) , some curtains to block out the pesky neighbors and light up the room a little! I'll post pictures when I'm done!
I'm also starting to make wreaths! There are tons of tutorials and while I love love love the $15 Target ones that they have for every season, I just can't afford that right now in our life and why not take some time to make my own (one for every holiday & season!) and also get really good so I can make them for holidays, birthdays & celebrations! My grandma already wants one :) I'll post pictures when I get a few done too. I'm just excited to finally be using my craft room. I'm sure Brian is too as he painted and put it together for me last September! A little late is better than never at all!
I hired my sister to be my motivator/personal trainer. She's freaking brutal and honest and while I like to say I hate it I know it's the only thing keeping me going. I'm down 6 lbs and have 60+ to go. My sister says if I get down to a size 12 she'll buy me a whole new wardrobe, what other motivation do I need?
Brian's out of school for summer and working on all the honey-do lists around the house and within the next 2 weeks will start painting the house, I promised to do the trim and fence outside. Busy busy little bee's we are! Summer is finally here, my flowers are blooming like crazy and my garden is coming in nicely!
I'll be around more. Promise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment