CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 01

Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.

I hate that I let myself go again. I did when I got married and hated myself for it. Busted my a** so to speak while he was in Iraq and in 18 months after he came home I had gained it all back and then an extra 20 lbs. That's not healthy. To gain 50 lbs in a course of 18 months. I stopped working out, stopped watching my portions, we ate out a ton and I just stopped caring. I'm getting back on track but it's going to be hard to take it off and keep it off this time. I'm getting older, my metabolism is even slower than it was when I was 21. Brian's home for good [it's so much easier when he was away!]. I'm working full-time and winter is right around the corner! But I want to be healthy, I DO NOT want health problems like my parents b/c of their weight and I want to be at a good weight so that when Brian and I do choose to want to have babies I can concieve quickly and easily and be able to be active during the pregnancy so I can get it off just as quickly as it came on. My genes are not the best, I have tons of health problems when people get into their 40s and while I have quite a few years until that time, I don't want to wait around for those problems to come to me. I want to nip it in the butt now and be proud of myself. Have my sister be proud of me and be able to raise my [future] children well too.

4 comments:

  1. you know what? I tip my hat to you for running the 5ks. I'm just straight up friggin lazy. And the 42 minutes? That's a great place to benchmark, because you can only go up from there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks taryn! I'm signed up for the half marathon in Vegas which is in 11 weeks. I'm scared to death I won't be able to finish it or won't in the 4 hour time allowance. But, if not I tried and being that I'm a BIG girl; it's OK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great Becky! I just started to work out again too. I have about 40lbs I want to lose by the time John gets home off of this deployment. I let myself go a lot too. I'm using a website called myfitnesspal.com It was a free calorie counter which helps BIG TIME and I keep track of all my exercise too. You should check it out! Another site I love is sparkpeople.com. They're both great but MFP is my favorite. Good luck on the rest of your weight-loss journey. And you running a 5k is awesome!! I ran one of those 2 summers ago and it was easy. This morning I literally ran .25mi and I had to walk at one point. I'm so out of shape it's not funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chels! I actually am on weight watcher so we get 19 weeks online for free. Everything I need is on there! Recipes, point tracker, weight counter and I can even see my averages for the week. I have fitnesspal on my phone too and used to use it. I'm wishing you the best of luck. I did really well when Brian was deployed and at least you will have good weather year round staying in CA!

    ReplyDelete