CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

reality check

"Give some of that weight where it belongs, - to God, and have faith that what happens is for the best, whether you understand it or not."

I've had to keep reverting back to this quote for the past few weeks. Its been a rough road and transition moving back home. I figured it would be all roses and butterflies and boy was I wrong. It's a never ending transition for Brian and myself and I have to remember that life is not going to be exactly what I want because I cannot control what other people do I can only control myself. I'm trying to step back and remember that. I'm a very organized, loud, obnoxious, outspoken and plan oriented person. When things don't go the way I want I get thrown off and flustered and I hate feeling that way. But that's normal.... right? I know how lucky I am. I have a job, a roof over my head, a working car, a man who loves me, puppies who wait by the door while I am gone and amazing friends and family who are so supportive. I have a life many would envy but sometimes I take it for granted. I try to push for more and it backfires on me.
But one of my bosses told me something yesterday that is so true. My brain is moving faster than the rest of my body can function. My brain runs a thousand miles a minute and I can't figure out how to slooooooooooooow down. I get ahead of myself in words and mix them together, my fingers don't type as fast as my brain is thinking and it's so frustrating. I don't know when it started but I'm hoping to take things more off my plate and passed on some of my burden to Brian which I think he likes. It's been quite a reversal with me working and Brian being the one at home. I know he's bored, he hates me working and coming home late. It's nice being wanted.. it's really really nice to hear it sometimes.

Until next time.

1 comment: