I swear my life could be a soap opera. I woke up before the sun this morning. Calling the Marine Forces Reserve IPAC in New Orleans, LA who is supposed to have Brian's service record and no one answered for over an hour. So I call the other number on the card which is for the offices in St. Louis, MO. They give me the number for the Headquarters of the Marine Corps and I don't think I had ever been so scared to dial a number in my life. The lady advised me that New Orleans, LA should be answering and would be able to answer my questions but also that Camp Lejeune would has to keep Brian's service record on file for 2 years so to call them and they should be able to overnight it to us. I call Camp Lejeune IPAC Separations and got THE best LCpl I have ever talked to! LCpl Hughes was such a sweetheart and let me explain the whole story. He stated they only had page 2 of the DD214 but that he would get it certified and out to me if he could. He put it in a PDF file and emailed it to me but of course it's not official so the VA or Brian's school won't take it. He says he will call back if he has any more information. By that time it was 8:30 and I had to leave for work. I gave all the information, phone numbers to Maureen [who is THE best Mother in Law in the entire world] And she made all the phone calls she could. After my lunch break this afternoon I get a call back from Lcpl Hughes and he tells me they have Brian's DD214 and to return his call. After his formation [man I forgot how long those are] I was finally able to connect with him and he tells me that it was NEVER MAILED OUT!!!!! What a load of crap. He apologized a thousand times and said he would mail it out ASAP but we know that would take forever. I would have bribed the kid to overnight it to us if I knew he wouldn't get into trouble for it. But being the doll he is, is going to put it in the mail out in town at an actual post office so we all know it will get in the mail at least 2 days faster than the on base mail system. Here's to hoping we get it Monday/Tuesday.
Here's to hoping it all works out the way we want it to. At least.. I'm hoping it does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment