Today is a day I will not likely forget. Well neither will the past 5 days since I heard the news that one of my good Marine friends lost the love of her life in Afghanistan. I want to hurt every single person who was in the area, I wish I could ask 1,000 different questions as to why Josh… why Chrissy? But then I have to think to myself.. Why does anyone deserve to go through this. Josh will be "home" today. I wish he was coming home for real, not to be laid to rest. I wish Chrissy could experience another amazing homecoming like she did last Spring. I want to fly to PA to be there with her and just let her cry on my shoulder. I am so proud of all the girls who have helped her, the ones that I know and the ones that I don’t who have been there for her because we all know she needs it now, a week from now and will continue to years from now. She has started a blog that has me in tears every time I read it. I want to take her pain away and tell her it was all a dream. I haven't stopped thinking about her since Thursday morning. I've talked to her a few times. Sent a card, donated money and will proudly wear a pink and black shirt once I receive it in the mail to honor the love of her life. I want her to know that I will never forget him. Ever.
"If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines"
Please pray for this young man, the love of his life and all those who were touched by him. All the fallen men and women who have given their life for this country that many take for granted every single day.
I love you Chrissy and I will be here for you any time, any place. You are not alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment